Wednesday 22 February 2012

"A pinch of creativity"

The things we find in the garage!!
We all come across beautiful images that inspire us and drive us to create new and innovative design and if we are lucky enough to be an artist we can claim that we have been inspiration to others! In the past week though unfortunately i have been subject to what is becoming known across the social networking channels as the 'Kirstie Alsop Curse' where somebody has see my designs and instead of being inspired has logged onto my website and literally copied one of my designs a 'DIY' attempt and, completely oblivious to this faux pas came to ask me where I source my materials from to create there own wedding stationary! This is obviously such an upsetting incident as it is hard to explain as an artist we don't come up with our style overnight - it is a process of years of training from our childhood which is constantly evolving! I really am quite open with all my techniques and my ideas but perhaps I do need to be a little more careful in future! But I am never down for long and there is always a silver lining to these things and lucky enough for me I do also meet some lovely people who understand the work and time behind my designs and one of which recently has asked me to design a wedding guest box from an old vintage suitcase!

So I have a long way to go before I can say it is in tip top outstanding condition for a wedding at the end of march! Bitten off more than I can chew??! Never!

Starting my research I found this beautiful website http://www.oncewed.com and it hasn't only inspired me for this project but now I have a whole new to do list as well! It really is a inspiration and really somehow drummed into me it is soo important to be innovative with ideas and constantly creating new things!

Taken from www.oncewed.com
Photography by Tec Petaja
Event Design by Joy Thigpen







I think the lesson to be learned from this is when people want some different, something beautiful and un-mass produced they seek people who can help them achieve the dreams in their imagination and they appreciate the work we do to help create the fairytale for them!

I will definitely keep you updated on the success with the vintage luggage case! I am looking forward to the challenge too! xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment