Wednesday 7 March 2012

Inspiration then innovation...

emsOriginal has been having a fab time over the last few weeks! It seems that the little studio down the stairs at the Cherry Tree really has been discovered and I'm busy with lots of orders and wedding stationary right through to the summer! Which is absolutely more than I could wish for and would like to thank everybody for their support!

Special Christening Cards from Godparents
Amongst orders it was my gorgeous nephews christening at the weekend and I had been busy working to create some bespoke designs for my family and friends to give to Little ajsOriginal at the Weekend!

But it seemed my illustrations were out done as Little ajsOriginal loved his little music box I had given to him the most! Giggling away as the little monkey and giraffe swirled around! Thank you Cherry Tree gifts for a beautiful present that really does now have treasured memories attached of our gorgeous little man!


Talk to the Animals Music Box

On another note this week aside from the creation of special commissions and wedding stationary at emsOriginal illustration! The other side of the process is the research and innovation of ideas that transforms a something simple into something that really is a brand new bespoke design for the most individual of weddings! Sometimes after a busy day at the studio in the Cherry Tree Gallery and talking about weddings it feels that my business as an illustrator is really only a small part and I feel I am ever expanding into the design and planning of weddings too and it really is something I love to do!

Back in my university days I have the full intention to become a fully fledged set designer, and somewhere along the way I found me, my style and love of creating illustrations, however it is true that sometimes first loves really creep back and within my current work I have been enjoying getting back to planning and designing on a larger scale!

So in the next few weeks I am doing my research collecting and collating all unusual bits and bobs and will be transforming to show the unique ideas I have for different wedding style and plans... so watch this space for transformations!

No comments:

Post a Comment